Monday, June 29, 2015

Trip to Arkansas

I knew that all of Josh's trips with the students would be hard on my kids this year.  Isabel and Will like their daddy at home with them and to be honest, so do I.  However, he has 2 mission trips, beach camp and a staff retreat this summer so I knew we were going to have to find a way to make the best of it.  I decided that the best plan was for us to go out of town while he is gone.  So last week when Josh went to Houston for the high school mission trip, my mom, the kids and I headed to Arkansas to visit family that we had not seen in over a year and we had such a great time!

The trip started with some car trouble that meant that we had to take Josh's car instead of the minivan.  I have to admit that I may have had a slight panic attack about that.  It may not be cool but trips are always better in the van!  Luckily the kids were troopers and we all survived.  We stayed with Aunt Sandra and got to see my cousin Dana and her family and my cousin Drew.  We ate too much, talked and laughed while the kids played outside and just had such a good time!

Will, Isabel and their 2nd cousin Ella were ready for the slip-n-slide



Will had so much fun that he lost a loose tooth on the slip-n-slide and the tooth fairy had to come all the way to Arkansas!


Isabel loved playing with little Luke

This girl is so cute and all about dressing up!

When the girls disappeared to play barbies, Will had plenty of fun with Luke

I love my aunt!

We celebrated Father's Day and my aunt's birthday while we were there. 
It was also Josh and my 13th anniversary but fortunately we got to celebrate with dinner out the week before!

Luke loves his Uncle Drew

Trying to get a decent picture of the cousins...aren't they cute!

Isabel and Will with "great" Aunt Sandra!



No comments: