Sunday, March 15, 2015

Moving day!

God is good! After 7 LOOONNNGGG months of waiting and praying and waiting and praying, our house in TN sold and we were able to move into our new house here in Alabama.  I cannot even begin to tell you the relief and excitement that we feel to finally be able to truly get settled here.

I wish that I could say I was calm and patient and peacefully waited on God the whole 7 months but the truth is that I got pretty impatient and frustrated plenty of times.  However I know that God is good.  I know that He was with us and that it could have been so. much. worse!  We could have been separated with Josh in AL and the kids in and I in TN.  We could have been trying to pay rent and pay our mortgage which would have been impossible for so long.  I'm so thankful that my wonderful mom basically let us take over her house for months.  I'm thankful that we were able to get the kids registered in the school the house we wanted to buy was zoned for, even though we were not living in zone while at my mom's house.  I'm thankful that because our house didn't sell, we were able to make multiple trips back to Hendersonville to visit our friends there.  I'm even thankful that God let the gas prices fall lower than they have been in so long when Josh and I were both having to get gas at least twice as often since we were having to drive further than usual.  I'm also ridiculously thankful that God kept the house we wanted to buy for us for seven months!  I know that doesn't just happen without God.  It is such a great house in the perfect location!  Like I said, God is good!


As excited as we were to finally be moving into our house, it was still a stressful and emotional time for all of us.  It had been a crazy month leading up to the move with disciple now weekend, Josh officiating his cousin's wedding one weekend in St. Louis, a trip to Hendersonville to pack and then crazy snow and ice in Hendersonville that kept us from making extra trips.  There was also tons of paperwork, inspections and trying to get things fixed from a state away.  The kids were excited one moment and then crying the next.  Even though we had moved months ago, this made it permanent and that made it hard on all of us.  Fortunately our kids are amazing and we all survived days of packing, saying goodbye to friends, trucks loading (and getting stuck in our grass!!), closings and then unloading!

    sooooooo many boxes!!  How do we have this much stuff?

                     These two were such troopers all weekend!

   When there is no food or furniture in your house, you have a picnic from sonic on the floor while the movers keep loading the truck!

We are so incredibly happy to be in our new home and excited to see what God has planned for us!

No comments: