Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Feed the children

Last week was world reach week at church. Obviously it was our first experience with world reach but it was Valleydale's 10th year of doing it. It was such an incredible week. One of the things I love about our church is the emphasis placed on missions. During world teach we celebrate this focus by bringing in the many missionaries from all over the world that we support. It was so great to hear from them and be challenged to think about how I am spending my life. 

One of my favorite parts of the week was the Feeding Children Everywhere night.  An incredible number of people came together to pack over 110,000 meals that will be sent to starving children in North Korea. The best part is that my kids got to be involved. They worked hard the whole time with very little complaining and I was so proud of them. I pray that God is working in their lives and giving them a heart to serve others!

       Training before we started

Isabel was not sure about wearing the hair net at first. My 8 year old was worried everyone would think she looked "silly."

         Hard working little man!

No comments: