Sunday, August 10, 2014

First Day of School 2014

We survived our first day of school in a new school in a new city!  The kids did great!  I am so proud of how well they have handled so many transitions.  I know God is going to do great things in them this year.


 I still can't believe that my baby is in kindergarten. Unlike his sister, Will has been excited about kindergarten for months.  New situations are much easier for him to deal with than Isabel.  He is completely fine going into a room on his own where he doesn't know anyone.  We met his teacher the day before and he was totally at ease in her room around the other kids.  I was so sad to see my baby go in those school doors but so thankful that he went so happily!


He got in the car the afternoon after his first day with a huge smile on his face and told me that he LOVES school.  My little man even bought his lunch and was such a big kid!


Unlike her brother, Isabel does not like to go into any situation where she does not know someone or exactly what to expect. I knew a new church and new school would be harder on her but she has been so brave and we are so proud of her.  She got a little teary and nervous the morning of her first day but by the time we got to the school she was fine.  She loves her new teacher and has met a couple of girls in her class that she likes talking to.  Her only issue right now is that she has to wear tennis shoes every day!  In Tennessee, she only wore them once a week for PE.  She is not a fan of socks and shoes but we found some sparkly silver shoes that seem to be ok for now.


My beautiful girl had a great first day.  Her teacher complimented something she was writing and showed it to the class as an example of what to do.  Isabel was so proud!  She also bought her lunch the first day but was not a fan of the pizza "It was a rectangle and did NOT have a crust!!"  I'm pretty sure I'll be packing this girl's lunch for the next few years!

No comments: