Friday, June 6, 2014

Funnies

I have not been good recently about writing down the funny things my kids say so I'm going to try to be better.

**The other day we were driving in the car and Josh and I were having a conversation (Not about Africa or Spanish or anything even remotely related)
Will: So does all of Africa speak Spanish?
Josh and I: no, they don't speak Spanish there
Will: Well where do they speak Spanish
Me: In Spain....
Josh: and parts of South America....
Isabel: and New Jersey!
WHAT?  Josh and I could not stop laughing. This type of random question is a constant in our house. Plus Isabel is a smart kid but she may have some trouble in geography. :)

**Will has been reading to us more and more recently.  He loves it and we are proud of him.  There are times when it can be a little humerus though. The best is ANY time he comes to the word "but" while reading.  In our house I encourage the kids to say "bottom" and not say "butt" so Will thinks that he is reading a bad word.  Yes, I've tried to explain the difference in "but" and "butt" but it hasn't helped.  EVERY time he comes to that word he just starts laughing uncontrollably and either cannot say it or says it as loud as possible and then laughs so hard he can't finish the sentence.  I'm sure it doesn't help that it makes me laugh really hard too!  I'm not sure how this will go over next year when he is reading for his kindergarten teacher.

**Isabel very rarely mixes up words now (which may make me a little sad) so when she does it is especially entertaining :)  The other day she told us that she needed to "rememorize" her bible verse!

No comments: