Thursday, May 15, 2014

Will's a Pre K graduate

After 5 wonderful years, both of my kids have officially graduated from the WEE program at our church.  I'll be honest, there are tears in my eyes even as I type that.  Last Thursday we celebrated Will's graduation from his Pre K program.  I may have been fighting back tears during most of the program but I will admit that it was perfect and so entertaining!  My little man has been talking about graduating for a month and he loved this night!  We are so proud of him.

Oh my goodness I love this little man so much
I am so proud of all that Will has learned this year.  He started the year knowing his letters and being able to write some and is ending it as a reader!  Most of all I love that he loves to learn.  Since Isabel had homework most nights this year, Will had to have homework too.  I bought him a kindergarten workbook and he has worked his way through.  He has learned beginning and ending sounds, rhymes, addition, subtraction, patterns and so much more.  My little man is definitely ready for kindergarten (even if his mommy isn't!)

Can you tell how excited he is?

I love that face

saying the preschool prayer

What is it about seeing him in that hat? My mind fast forwards 13 years and suddenly he is graduating from high school and I'm sobbing.....

He LOVES Mrs. Kara

Always thankful when we can get a decent family picture

Both of my kids were incredibly lucky to have Mrs. Kara as their Pre K teacher.  She is an amazing teacher and loved on my kids so perfectly!  We will miss her.

Look at that face.  Could he be any cuter?

 Will was well liked by all of the kids in his class.  Any time he missed school, his teacher was quick to tell me how much the other kids missed him.  As much as Will loved all of the kids, Sayde was definitely his best friend.  These two were pretty much inseparable all year.  Every day as Will told me about his day, the first comment always had to do with Sayde!  She also kept him out of trouble.  One day Will was telling me how almost everyone in his class got in trouble for doing something they were not supposed to do.  I told him how proud I was of him for following the rules.  He looked at me with a sheepish grin and admitted that he was about to do it but Sayde made him stop.  Unfortunately Sayde will go to a different kindergarten than Will next year (although her mom joked about moving just to keep them together) but I pray that he will always have a friend like Sayde to have fun with and to keep him in line! 

a cute picture Ms. Kara sent me one day...

Will and some of his buddies on pj day at school

We have LOVED this Mother's Day Out program and I'm not ready for the reality that both of my children will officially be elementary school kids in a few short months!! 

No comments: