Friday, April 25, 2014

Happy Easter 2014

We had such a great Easter this year.  I feel like I always stress so much about making each holiday "perfect" and then feel disappointed afterwards because it can never be perfect.  This year, I simply didn't stress about it.  Saturday night I realized that I was not even sure what the kids were wearing the next day and of course I "had nothing" in my closet I could wear.  Then I sat down to read my bible reading for the day and it was in Matthew 6 where it says "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?" It was just what I needed to remind myself what this holiday was all about.  I wanted to spend the day at church with my family celebrating a risen savior and that is just what we did.  Then we had a relaxing afternoon playing outside and grilling out with friends.  It was perfect!

This little girl is so beautiful inside and out and I'm so proud of her

This little man makes me smile so big!  I have loved listening to him tell me "the Easter story" this year.  I'm amazed at how much he really understands and how much he wants to learn more

These two can fight like crazy but lately I have seem more instances of them being a team and I love it.  

Easter Sunday was obviously a little crazy at church.  We had a pancake breakfast and then Josh and I both helped with the kids program. Without thinking, I brought Will with us to the kids (K-5th) room instead of taking him to his classroom.  He is such a big kid now that I didn't even notice at first and he just loves it!

Isabel playing a silly game

Will enjoying the Easter egg hunt!

I tried to take a few more pictures once we were home from church before Will exchanged his "fancy" clothes for shorts and a t'shirt.  I had to make Isabel change before she went to play outside in the dirt  later that day.  These kids could not be more different....and I love it!

We have two beautiful trees in our yard right now and I really wanted a picture of the kids in front of it.  Unfortunately the kids were over the pictures by this point.

Instead they decided that it was way more fun to hit the tree and make it rain flower petals!

My sweet girl was willing to smile for one more picture to show her flower

We had a photographer at church this year who took a family picture.  I thought it was such a good idea since it is somewhat impossible for us to get a family picture Easter morning.  I'm hoping it turns out well!!

No comments: