Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Holes in her ears!

Isabel started asking about getting her ears pierced a couple of months ago.  I had told her at some point that I got mine pierced on my 7th birthday and of course she remembered.  As her birthday got closer she remained insistent that she wanted to get her ears pierced.  I'll admit that I doubted that she would really go through with it but she totally surprised me.  We celebrated her "birthday eve" by getting them pierced today after school.  She was SO EXCITED!!

I had tried my best to explained exactly what would happen so she hopped right up in the chair and sat perfectly still while the lady made purple dots on her ears.  Then she decided on purple birthstone earrings.


As they got the "guns" ready she got a little worried.  I quickly stood in front of her and held her hands while daddy distracted her by being silly.


The ladies counted to 3 and it was over.  Her eyes filled with tears initially but she was ok.  As soon as she saw herself in the mirror she was much happier!



Now she is just beyond happy with her pierced ears and somehow looks way more beautiful and grown up. I'm so proud of her!! I cannot believe my baby will be 7 tomorrow!!

No comments: