Saturday, December 21, 2013

Opryland or Bust

One of my favorite things to do during this time of year is go to the Opryland Hotel!  Last year we were all passing around the flu and feeling absolutely terrible so we did not make it and I was so disappointed.  This year I was determined to make it happen.  Well, our December calendar filled up ridiculously fast and I was starting to get concerned that we wouldn't be able to fit it in.  We realized that last Saturday was basically our only free day so we made the decision to go even though we knew it would be "a little crowded."  Oh my.  We had no idea! (We actually learned later from an Opryland employee that it was the busiest night of the year and the hotel was completely booked).  I don't even want to relive the trauma of getting there and the insane traffic by describing it so I'll just say that it took us almost 2 hours from the time we left our house until we were in the hotel. It should have taken 30 min.

Fortunately we were able to shake off the terrible drive and ended up having such a great time! Isabel and Will didn't remember much about going before so they were completely amazed at everything they saw.  The only other traumatic situation hiccup was when I realized I didn't have a memory card in my camera.......AFTER I had already taken multiple pictures.  Fortunately I did notice before taking too many pictures so Josh and I took these on our cell phones:

It was freezing (literally) outside but it was worth it to see the lights!

The Nativity was beautiful



Because Josh was sick of hearing me whine about not having my camera loves me and understands my obsession with pictures, he was willing to buy a memory card when we found a best buy "vending machine" that sold them.  So maybe we did pay a little more for it than if we had bought it in a store but it's worth it....right? :)




My sweet girl....she is getting too big

my little man.....with the perfect Christmas shirt for him


No comments: