Tuesday, June 18, 2013

swimming lessons: the good, the bad, the ugly

Isabel and Will had swimming lessons the first 2 weeks in June.  Of the 8 lessons we had, Will had 2 good days, 5 bad days and 1 really ugly day.  I am not sure what was going on with him.  The first day he was mostly smiles and willing to cooperate..........until the very end when half the pool went up his nose.  Then he was done.  For days.  The fact that it was very cold and cloudy the first week did not help either.  Luckily Isabel was amazing all 8 days which helped me get over my frustration with Will....a little anyway.  She learned to swim underwater correctly.  She learned to swim freestyle, do the back stroke, tread water and can almost swim the breast stroke.  I could not have been more proud of my girl.  If you saw Isabel around water 2 years ago, you would realize just how far we have come.  Because I know this, I'm trying not to lose hope with Will.

Some terrible pictures from my phone during swim lessons:

the face Will made 99% of the time he was learning to float on his back

finally willing to float the 2nd to last day

One of his 2 good days....I may have bribed him to cooperate by telling him I would take pictures to send to daddy who was out of town at the time

proof that his face did actually get slightly wet during swimming lessons
(I would like to add that after 2 frustrating weeks of refusing to do anything, we went to our pool and Will stuck his whole face in the water and even went completely under the water with Josh)

my little fish! Her teacher would teach her a certain way to swim and then she practiced it non-stop until she had perfected it!

Happy swimmer!

No comments: