Thursday, June 27, 2013

Family Photos

Josh and I are ridiculously similar.  Honestly, I think this is one of the main reasons our marriage is so easy and happy.  We communicate the same way and agree on almost everything from religion, politics, marriage, parenting, finances, etc.  However there is one thing we completely disagree on.  Family Pictures.  Ok, really all pictures.  As you can tell if you have looked at this blog more than once, I am pretty obsessed with taking pictures.  I literally want to document everything that happens in our lives.  (In fact, Isabel's top front tooth is loose and as soon as I realized just how loose it was, I took about 10 pictures of her face just because I know it will never look like that again) Also, as cheap as I am about almost everything, I am willing to spend just about anything on pictures.  In my mind, it is totally worth it. 

Josh, on the other hand, HATES pictures.  He doesn't understand the need to stop every 2 minutes to pose for a picture when we are doing something.  Although he tolerates pictures of our children pretty well, making him stop to pose for a picture is absolute torture for him.  The only thing worse in his mind, is actually paying a lot of money for someone else to take our pictures.  Therefore, it has taken a while for me to convince him to have real family pictures taken.  Basically I eventually found an extremely reasonably priced photographer that was great and then I asked for them for mother's day. 

After the excitement of finally making an appointment wore off, the intense stress of deciding what to wear consumed me for a while.  Isabel's closet is full of pink and purple while Will's closet is full of mostly sports t'shirts because I can only convince him to wear a collar shirt on Sundays.  See my problem?  Then there is the fact that Isabel is perfectly happy to smile and pose on demand for hours while Will decides he has better things to do after about 2 minutes and then can only offer his cheesy fake smile.  Luckily we still ended up with some great pictures.  I would like to say that I will only post a few but we all know that isn't true........















1 comment:

Sandra said...

OMGoodness! The "babies" are getting so grown up! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful family! Love you all so much.