Monday, May 6, 2013

Funnies

If only I could remember all the things they say and do that make us laugh regularly....


*We were listening to some praise song in the car.
Will: Is that Jesus singing this song?

*We are constantly having conversations with Isabel about how to spell words that do not follow all the rules.  Most of the time she believes us however she was sure we were spelling the word "doing" incorrectly.  My sweet southern girl could not understand why there was a "g" on the end of the word she pronounces "doin." :)

*Will and I were snuggling in his bed at bed time one night.
Me: Will are you still going to snuggle with me when you are bigger?
Will: Probably not but I will let you sit next to me

*I am trying hard to get the kids to work things out themselves so that I do not go insane from the tattling.  I'm not sure it is working.
Isabel: Will just... (i have no idea what he did because I tend to tune out at the "tattling voice"
Me: Just work it out yourself
Isabel: Don't you think you could do something that would help a lot more though?

*Another tattling story (because seriously, there is a lot going on at our house. any advice??)
We were in the car on the way to Chick-fil-A.  It had been a long day. We were dealing with traffic because of construction that was supposed to be completed a month ago.  I was trying to talk to my mom on the phone and the kids were constantly telling me what the other was doing that they didn't like.
Will:  Isabel just..............
I interrupted with: Don't tell me anything else your sister did unless she has hurt you so badly that you are bleeding
Isabel and Will: complete silence for about 30 seconds (which is like an hour when dealing with a 4 and 6 year old who talk NON STOP)

*For some reason Isabel is an extremely loud runner.  She isn't a huge kid but somehow it sounds like she is an elephant when she runs through the house.  One day Isabel stomped ran through the den
Josh: I think maybe gravity just affects her more than most