Wednesday, April 24, 2013

First field trip

Isabel's first field trip was last week.  She was beyond excited and counted down the days for weeks after their teacher told them about it.  Although she has been to the zoo tons of times, she had never driven there on a bus or gone with her school friends.  I was so excited to go as well.  We had great weather and had such a fun day!

I think Isabel's favorite thing about the field trip was riding the bus.  She had never been on a school bus before and was completely shocked that there were no seat belts!!

There are way more boys in Isabel's class than girls but I love that the girls are all pretty close.  She is going to miss these sweet girls over the summer.  She already asks daily about having sleepovers!

Our fun little group trying to see the elephants.  They usually come a lot closer but maybe they heard there was a big group of kindergartners and stayed away. ha!

sweet girls

Isabel has never been a big fan of petting the animals so she and Chloe had fun posing for pictures instead.

Her kindergarten class. 
At the time I took this, I thought I had a great picture of her class.  Then I came home and looked at it closely and could not stop laughing.  I'm not sure if you can tell but we obviously had them looking straight into the sun.  Most of the kids are not even looking at the ones that are looking are making hilarious faces.  oops! sorry kids
 
 
Isabel really enjoyed her first field trip and I am so thankful I got to go with her.  The only downside was how bad her allergies were after a full day outside.  Her eyes were so red and hurting by the time we got on the bus that she just laid her head in my lap and closed them the whole way home.  We went straight to the pharmacy to get some allergy eye drops to add to her daily claritin. Gotta love spring!


No comments: