Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter! He is RISEN!!  We had a great Easter.  I love how much my kids understand about why we celebrate Easter.  They are constantly asking me pretty deep theological questions.  The other day we were listening to the song Jesus Messiah and Will wanted to know how I knew for sure that Jesus died on the cross.  Then Isabel wanted to know if he died for her sins too since she wasn't even born yet! I'm so thankful they are really thinking it through and I'm constantly praying I explain it correctly.

It was a rainy Easter so we didn't get to have any pretty pictures with the trees that have started to bloom.  Oh well....they are still pretty cute in their Easter outfits!




My little preacher man has started having "talks" with us.  He says he wants to have bible studies like daddy so he sits on the fireplace with an old bible and starts teaching.  I love it!


After church, lunch and a needed nap/rest time we decided it was time to decorate some Easter eggs.  I have to say that although this is never my favorite Easter activity, it was more fun this year because the kids were able to do a little more.


We also got a pack that included dye to make speckled eggs.  Basically they just used sponges to paint on the eggs.  They both loved doing this.

Maybe not the prettiest eggs in the world but they had fun making them.




No comments: