Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

We had a fun Valentine's Day this year.  Josh and I got to have a Valentine's lunch together while the kids were at school.  Plus there was too much candy, lots of heart arts and crafts and of course school parties.  This was the first year that Will could actually write his name on his valentines for his friends in his class and Isabel wrote her name and her friends' names. 


We got the kids the movie Peter Pan.  They had never seen it and loved it.  Will thinks the lost boys are hilarious and I love hearing his laugh!!

I was thinking back to our first Valentine's day as parents and remembered something that never made it to the blog 6 years ago but I think is so sweet.  Isabel was only a week old.  I was completely exhausted but so incredibly in love and so happy!  For Valentine's day a couple from our Sunday school class had brought us dinner.  I had not left the house other than for doctor's appointments and I had nothing to give Josh for Valentine's day so I told him that I didn't want him to do anything for me either.  Of course he comes home from his first day back to work with a card and gift for me.  I was about to cry until he hands me another card and gift.  He had bought an extra card and gift for me to give him so I wouldn't feel bad.  I love him so much!! I'm a lucky girl!!

No comments: