Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

As is our tradition, we headed to Birmingham again this year for Thanksgiving and had a great time.  There is so much to be thankful for.  I am so incredibly thankful for my family.  I am thankful that I get to be married to my best friend and that I actually enjoy the 4 hours in the car because I get to have real conversations with him.  I am thankful for 2 precious, happy, healthy children and I am thankful that car rides with them just keep getting easier.  I am thankful that we can travel to one city and see so many of our family members and I am thankful for each one of them.  I am thankful for my camera and my camera on my phone so I have pictures to remind me of so many good times.


I love this sweet girl.... and her crazy brother being crazy in the background

I am thankful that these 2 love each other even though they can fight like crazy.  They share a room when we are in Birmingham and love it so much! I love their conversations and pray they will only get closer as they get older.

Thankful these two keep me laughing

I am so thankful for Nana and Grams (even though I didn't take a picture of her).  They love our kids so much and really enjoy spending time with them.  Josh's mom made us a great Thanksgiving meal (twice) and my mom let us invade her house and got up with the kids every morning so Josh and I could sleep in a little!!
 
I am so thankful for old toys that are new to my kids.  We found my old barbies in my mom's attic and Isabel was so excited.  She played with them for so long and I loved watching her.

Will was amazed that there were boy barbies too.  He was especially excited about the football player barbie that was my mom's when she was a little girl.

I am thankful that we got to see Papa and enjoy a nice Cracker Barrel breakfast with him!

I am so thankful for Matt, Lauren and my sweet nieces. Isabel and Will love playing with their cousins so much.  The 4 of them are a constant source of entertainment.

I am so thankful that we get to add a new baby to this crazy bunch soon.  I will have a new niece or nephew in April.  Will wants a boy cousin desperately!!


I am thankful that we all got to enjoy an Alabama win on Saturday!  There was a time when my mom and I were the only Alabama fans in this family.  So thankful to have others to cheer with now and of course we are all raising our children right! :)  Roll Tide!!


I love this picture. How can you not laugh when you look at it?

The men are definitely a little outnumbered!

God has blessed our family in so many ways and I take these blessings for granted way too often!  I am so thankful for all He has done in my life!!

"Every good and perfect gift is from above..."  James 1:17

No comments: