Friday, June 15, 2012

pool day!

We spent most of the day at the pool yesterday and the kids loved every second of it.  Both kids have been taking swim lessons for the past 2 weeks and have come so far since last year.  Unlike the beginning of summer last year, Will loves the water and Isabel has gotten a lot braver.  According to her swim teacher, Isabel could tread water, float on her back, etc by herself if she would only let the teacher let go.  Instead she freaks out as soon as she feels that hand (of finger) leave her body and then goes under.  I'm hoping she will get a little braver over the summer and will realize that she can do it all on her own. 




I'm not sure if this really counts as floating on your back but she is really proud of it anyway!

I'm looking forward to many more days at the pool this summer.  While I know I am still years away from relaxing at the pool while the kids swim, I will say that it is much easier this year.  In fact while they played in the baby pool (only because it was break time in the big pool and they had to) my mom and I actually sat in a chair and just watched from there.  That is a big step in my book!

No comments: