Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012

We had a fun day celebrating Josh this Father's Day.  It is hard to give him a relaxing day when Sunday is definitely not a "day off" for a minister but we still had a good day.  After church we had a great lunch and then spent the rest of the day at home playing outside.  He may have done some yard work but I promise I didn't tell him to! :)


My kids have no idea how lucky they are to have such a great dad but I know and I never want to take him for granted!  He has been such a hands-on dad from day one and I'm so thankful that he puts his family first and genuinely enjoys being with his kids.  He provides the best example of a Godly man for Will and shows Isabel how a man should treat his wife and children. 

I filled out a Father's day questionnaire with Isabel and Will and these were some of my favorite responses.....

Will said:
My daddy is really good at....football
My favorite things to do with daddy are.... play in the gym, play basketball and play baseball.
I'm just like my dad because I .....have a cool hair cut (This made me laugh so hard. We got his hair cut earlier that day and he was very proud of it!!)

Isabel said:
My dad's job is... preaching at Sunday School
He's smart because he knows.....how much I love him.
I'm happy when my daddy....is here.

Will was so excited to wake up from his nap and see that daddy was home after being at camp for a few days.  He needed to snuggle and watch some soccer with daddy! :)

We love you, Josh!  Happy Father's Day!

No comments: