Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hello 2012!

Two weeks into the new year and I'm just now making my first post.  Good thing updating the blog more often wasn't a resolution I made!  Actually, I have a great excuse....so far 2012 has been busy for our family!   
  • Josh preached at our church on January 1 and did a great job!
  • The kids and I have had many fun outings like playing at local play areas, indoor bounce house places, and having lunch with friends
  • The kids started back to school. They were so excited to be back and I have to admit, I was a little glad to have back my 2 free "mommy" days a week.  My house finally got cleaned!
  • I also started a women's bible study on Thursday afternoons
  • We have been to 2 birthday parties and have another one tomorrow. 
  • We have been busy planning a special little girl's 5th birthday party that is coming up soon!!
  • Isabel started her new "big girl" dance/gymnastics class and loves it.  Within about 10 minutes of being home after her first class our entire family was walking their feet up the wall to do a handstand.  I bet you wish you could see that!
  • All 4 of us have spent hours playing with new Christmas toys
  • We have watched plenty of football but the most important/exciting was watching Alabama destroy LSU in the National Championship game.  ROLL TIDE!!




So far my favorite part of 2012 has been that Isabel and Will have been playing together better than ever.  Not only are they getting along better, but they are playing together more often without a constant need for parental involvement......meaning I don't have to be right there the whole time.  They simply entertain each other and have fun together.  They have finally found activities that are fun for a 3 year old BOY and an almost 5 year old girly GIRL!  Please don't think all is perfect.  I still play referee multiple times each day and they can still drive each other crazy sometimes but overall they seem to have reached a point where they have fun playing the same thing.  They come up with elaborate scenarios to act out that involve just the two of them (and some imaginary friends) or every toy we own seems to need to be involved.  I just love seeing them enjoy each other and seeing relationship between them deepen.  I just pray that this continues for a long time (and that I didn't just jinx myself by writing this down).

I'm looking forward to all that 2012 holds for our family!!

No comments: