Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve

The excitement surrounding Christmas this year has been at an all time high with Isabel and Will.  They have been counting down the days all month.  When they finally took the santa magnet off of the advent calendar on Christmas Eve they were amazed that it was actually here! Christmas Eve was such a fun day filled with family, Christmas cookies, a yummy lunch, a candlelight service at our church and getting ready for Santa!

Nana had plenty of helpers while making the famous Knierim Christmas cookies 


silly kids in aprons
(yes, Will may kill me one day for putting him in a pink apron but he begged for it!!)


Isabel enjoyed helping daddy roll out the dough and then cut out the cookies...until she got bored with the cookie cutters and began creating her own cookies like she was using play doh



This is what I get most of the time when I say, "Will, smile so I can take your picture"


We had our annual Candlelight Christmas Eve service at our church.  Each year I worry a little about how the kids Will will handle the service and each year I am pleasantly surprised.  Both Isabel and Will sang along with the songs they knew and listened somewhat quietly while our pastor talked.  However, Will had a lot of questions about why he did not get a glass of juice when we took communion and began licking an empty cup while we were praying.  I pray that one day both kids completely understand what communion is about and can take it with us.


Isabel and Will with Grams before we left for church


I'm trying to be better about taking pictures of me with my kids.  I know I will cherish these one day.


Trying to get a family picture at church


Nana reading the Christmas story before bed


Both kids got to open one present before they went to sleep.  Will was so excited about his dinosaur that he needed to sleep with him that night


Isabel is all about nightgowns these days and was excited to have a new one


Christmas pjs in front of the Christmas tree....I love these pictures. :)

No comments: