Saturday, November 26, 2011

Giving Thanks!

Once again we headed to Birmingham to spend Thanksgiving and had a great time.  Each year holidays seem to get a little more fun as our kids enjoy them and understand them more and more.  This year both kids seemed to provide a constant musical soundtrack of Thanksgiving songs they had learned.  According to Isabel and Will, the most exciting part of this trip was that they got to share a room for the first time.  After listening to them whisper for over 30 minutes the first night, Josh and I were not sure it was going to work.  They eventually fell asleep and we actually enjoyed listening to their whispers and hilarious conversations over the next few nights.  Even though they can fight like crazy, I know they are so thankful for each other!  I know I am so thankful for both of them too!

It's turkey time!!  Isabel is a very picky eater and Will's diet is usually pretty limited because of his food allergies so I'm never sure what my children will actually eat at certain meals.  I was pretty impressed with them this year though.  Isabel ate her turkey and some vegetables and Will ate turkey and vegetables too and was even willing to try mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes.


my little man hanging around the kitchen
I think it is funny that I have a very similar picture of him from last year


The weather was amazing so we spent a lot of time outside.  The kids tried to help Nana with her leaves.....


or maybe they just wanted plenty of leaves to jump in and throw.


 After throwing leaves everywhere, Will got serious and helped his daddy.


Most of the time I love my kids' imaginations but sometimes it can be a little creepy.  We helped Nana get out some of her Christmas decorations and both Isabel and Will loved these caroling people.  They played with them forever and set them up all over the house.  Let me tell you, it can be a little unsettling to run into one of these "people" in a dark room!


We had a fire one night and made smores.  Will was mesmerized by the fire.


Uncle Matt explained fire safety and how to eat a smore!

 After they got tired of the carolers, they moved on to playing with the snowmen


I had high hopes of taking some great family pictures but it never happened.  In fact, I realized that we did not take one single family picture and insisted on at least one quick one before we headed home.


Oh yeah, did I mention that Uncle Matt and Aunt Lauren gave Will a Nerf gun for his birthday?  He loves it and we have already had about a million talks about where it should be pointed...and especially where it should not be!  yep, boys are fun!


"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever!" Psalms 136:1

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thess 5:16-18

1 comment:

Angie said...

Yep, those carolers are pretty creepy!! That made me laugh! Great pictures!