Monday, November 7, 2011

Being thankful...

November is definitely a month all about being thankful and I feel like God is really reminding me that I need to be thankful.....always!  He is showing me how much he has blessed me with and opening my eyes again to the incredible number of people that have so little.  I want to make sure that I am thankful for all that I have and also do what I can to help those without all the things that I simply take for granted.  I want to stop complaining and start being thankful in all situations.


"Rejoice always,  pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."   1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I recently read the book Kisses from Katie.  It.is.amazing! You can also read her blog at   kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/ Basically it is about Katie Davis, a girl that moved to Uganda at 18.  She is now in the process of adopting 13 little girls and has started a non-profit ministry that helps hundreds of children in Uganda receive food, education, medical care and an understanding of the gospel.  She is teaching these children how much Jesus loves them and how to find real joy through that love.  Reading about the conditions in Uganda literally hurt my heart.  Again, God is showing me how much I have and that I have the responsibility to help those that need so much.

Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving grateful praise.

1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his[a];
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.


4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.


Do you give thanks in all circumstances?  How often do we go before the Lord simply to thank him and praise his name without asking for more?

No comments: