Saturday, October 15, 2011

2nd Cousins

Growing up, I was always close to my cousins and I am so thankful for those relationships.  Even though we lived in different states, we spent plenty of time together at our grandparents' house and usually spent a week at each other's house each summer.  I loved my time with all of them!  I love that my kids get to spend time with their cousins regularly and I hope they always have a close relationship with them.

Last week my cousin Keri and her family were going to be in Birmingham visiting my other cousin (her brother) who is now attending seminary in Birmingham with his wife.  Once I found out they were going to be there, we made the quick decision to spend some time there as well.  It had been a while since we had really had time together and she had not seen my kids since a few months after Will was born.  We had such a good time together.  The weather was amazing so we basically spent 2 days at the park....


I was so excited to get a great picture of all 6 of them together!


Isabel was immediately enamoured with Lizzie (11) and Anna (9)
She followed them everywhere and tried to be just like them!


I think my little man felt a little left out.  He wasn't sure what to do with his usual playmate chasing after the older girls instead of playing with him.  Luckily the slides, swings and tunnels made everything better!



Isabel and Sarah Kate (5) were really cute together

 Baby Hugh (11 mo) is absolutely precious.  I'm sure he and Will will be serious trouble together in another year or so! :)






 the older girls did the "spider" on the swings so of course Isabel wanted to as well! 
Making a train and going down the slide together was so much fun!!


All the girls...and no, we didn't plan the matching outfits.  When we got to the park and Isabel realized that she matched the other girls she was SO excited!!
(and doesn't she look way too old in this picture??)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh my goodness, all those girls are the spitting image of Keri!! :) Can't believe how big they are! So sad I missed you Friday...