Sunday, June 26, 2011

Camp Grandmas

Last week Josh took the students from our church to camp. It was a great time for Josh and so many teenagers. God definitely worked in so many of their lives and it is exciting to see! Instead of sitting at home missing daddy while he was gone, the kids and I packed up and headed to Birmingham for a week with my mom. Of course we got to see lots of other family and friends too. It was a great week!
Uncle Brad was in town for a few days and Isabel and Will loved playing with him. I was happy for someone else to throw the ball to Will for a while!

It was HOT outside so we spent a lot of time with water. The kids played in the sprinkler, played with spray bottles and the hose and even "washed" the cars.

We got to skype with Josh a few times and the kids LOVED it. It was fun for them to get to see daddy but I think seeing themselves on the computer was just as exciting

Yes, they can fight but they love each other too

Since I would not let Will hit things with his bat inside, he resorted to bowling. Please notice Isabel's face in this picture. Will wasn't so great at only knocking down his pins. He liked to "help" Isabel knock hers down and she didn't always appreciate that so much.

Josh and I celebrated our 9th anniversary while we were there. I know, romantic huh? I asked that we try to be in the same state for our 10th! Isabel is all about weddings now and she LOVED seeing my wedding dress and veil.

My cousin, Charlie, and his new wife live in Birmingham now so we got to spend some time with them too!

Isabel and Audrey

We had a playdate with 2 of my best friends from college and their children. It was a lot of fun! I love these girls so much and I love seeing my kids play with theirs too.
We also spent a lot of time with Uncle Matt, Aunt Lauren, Avery and Ansley but I didn't take any pictures.  I love that at this age Isabel, Will and Avery have so much fun actually playing together.  They are so cute together and make us laugh constantly.

No comments: