Sunday, May 29, 2011

first trip of the summer

Last week we headed to Nana's house for our first trip of the summer. Josh's grandparents and cousin were there too. We had not seen them in about a year and a half so we were excited to get to spend some time with them. I never knew my great-grandparents so I love that Isabel and Will get to have this time with theirs. They loved spending this time with them!

Will got to play cars with great-grandpa

Isabel and Will also had fun spending time with their cousins. They loved "taking care" of baby Ansley. I have to admit, I loved getting my baby fix too! She is precious!

The kids did tons of art projects. Here is Will wearing a hat he made with my mom

Nana is a brave woman. She let a 2 year old, 2.5 year old and a 4 year old do some real painting. They loved it!

Isabel and Will spent about 90% of their time on Nana's back deck. I can't really say that they went swimming since they quickly decided the water was way too cold in this little pool so they mainly just got their hands and feet wet. They had fun though!

I think the highlight of the trip for Isabel was her tea party. Nana let her use her china to set the table and even wear her tiara. Isabel made invitations for everyone and then gave each person another piece of paper to write her a thank you note. She even told them exactly what to write!

Isabel felt so big when she got to hold Ansley!

William wanted his picture with Ansley too!

Wait a minute...is this a picture of all 4 cousins actually looking at the camera and smiling?? Yes, yes it is. It is a miracle!!

Look, we even got TWO of them!!

reading books with great-grandma before bed. I love this!
We are so thankful for our family!! Isabel and Will have no idea how much they are loved by so many people.

No comments: