Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Diaper Free!!



For the first time in 4 years and 3 months, our home is diaper free!  I have to say, it is a pretty great feeling.  Do you know how expensive diapers are?  Do you know how much I hated changing the diaper of a 2 year old little boy who does not enjoy having his diaper changed?  Do you know how gross those diaper genie things get after 4 years?  Yeah, it is good to be diaper free!

I have to say that I have really dreaded potty training Will.  I have heard so many horror stories about potty training boys and was told that I should wait until he was older.  We really felt like he was ready, though, so we jumped in.  I'm so glad we did.  Will did great!!  I am so proud of him and Isabel was the most encouraging big sister ever.  We used the same 3 day potty training boot camp method we used with Isabel and it worked great!  He even stayed dry all day at school yesterday.  He is still in a pull-up for nights but I am fine with that.  The only problem we are having is that he has started waking up super early and I think it is because he needs to go to the bathroom.  One morning he went potty and then went back to sleep but this morning he just wanted to stay up. Ugh! I'm hoping that part gets better.  I would love any advice on that if you have any.

It is a little hard that my "baby" boy is growing up but I can't say I will miss dealing with diapers all that much!

No comments: