Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fire Station

Today we went to a fire station with a moms group I am a part of. I have to admit that I had been looking forward to this for a while. My kids, especially Will, love EVERYTHING related to firemen and fire trucks. We pass this fire station every day and they both ask questions about what it is like so I was so excited to finally show them. Unfortunately I forgot one little thing....Will is terrified of anyone wearing a mask. For some reason he has decided that anyone wearing a mask is a "bad guy" and he gets so scared. So you can imagine how much he enjoyed the fire man dressing up in the full gear, mask and all. He cried the whole time the guy had the suit on but eventually calmed down and enjoyed the rest of the tour. They got to see all parts of the fire engine up close and got a tour of the fire house. It started out rough but I think they ended up enjoying it.


No comments: