Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday...He Is Risen!!

Despite our other fun Easter activities, I never want any of us to forget the true reason we celebrate Easter.  Jesus died a terrible death on the cross in my place!  But death could not hold him!  Three days later he rose from the dead!!  I'm so thankful for a God that loves me that much and the opportunity that I now have to be forgiven and to have access to almighty God!!  Josh and I participated in secret church at our church on Friday night.  It.was.amazing!!  If you have never heard of secret church, I encourage you to find out about it and make sure you can be a part of it next time!!  It will change your life!

This year Easter was a little different for us because Isabel was able to understand a lot more of the Easter story.  She told me about how "Jesus died on the cross but was then was alive on Easter.  It isn't even imaginary, mommy.  He really is alive in real life!" :)  Our Easter service at church began with our singing Chris Tomlin's Our God is Greater.  I love that song and it is one of Isabel's favorites too.  We sing it in the car all the time so when we sang it Sunday morning I could not help but think of her.  My eyes filled with tears as I imagined her next to me in a few years, worshipping with me.  I cannot wait for her and Will to fully understand how much God loves them and why Jesus died on the cross. 








"For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."  2 Corinthians 5:21

"For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."         Romans 5:6-8

1 comment:

Angie said...

This is a great post, Jenn! Thanks for sharing!!