Tuesday, December 21, 2010

must be santa...

Before I tell you about this year's visit with Santa Claus I feel like I should remind you of how my children felt about good ol' St. Nick last year. They were terrified of him! In fact, I'm not sure terrified is really a strong enough word to describe it. If we passed anywhere near him in the mall, Will would start crying and Isabel would start screaming, "take me home....NOW" so we didn't think there was any reason to actually wait in line and pay money for a picture with Santa. I had high hopes for this year though. Isabel is really into Santa this year so of course Will is too. Santa came to their school last Thursday and neither kid could have been more excited. When I picked them up I heard the details and saw the pictures. Isabel was sitting happily in Santa's lap telling him everything she wanted for Christmas. What a difference a year makes. Will, however, was not such a big fan. His teacher explained that he was really excited to go but when every other child in his class cried before him, he decided something must be terrifying about the big man so he cried too. Oh well, I was sure when he went with Isabel he would be fine. We went to see Santa at My Gym were Isabel takes her dance/gymnastics class. The kids played for a while and then Santa arrived. I think you will be able to tell how it went by the pictures....
Will was very excited to go see "HO HO"

A little jumping on the trampoline while waiting Are you surprised that Will loves the ball pit?While waiting in line, Isabel decided that she would NOT sit in his lap. She only wanted to stand next to him and this was as close as she got. I have no idea why this Santa was different from the last one... Yeah, Will didn't want anywhere near jolly old St. Nick....maybe next year

No comments: