Thursday, September 9, 2010

what we've been up to....

Josh informed me last night that I haven't updated the blog in a while (I tried not to remind him that HE hasn't updated the blog since Isabel was about a week old! ha ha). I know it has been a while and it has not been because we haven't been doing anything. We have actually been crazy busy. I have just been really lazy about taking pictures. Sorry about that. I'll try to do better. So anyway, I thought I would at least write a post about all the things we have been up to in the past few weeks that I have not taken pictures of:
  • Isabel and Will are still going to school 2 days a week. I'm happy to say that they both love it. I can't tell you what a relief it is to watch them both walk happily in the rooms after big hugs and kisses. We are still working on ending Will's hitting phase. It does seem to be getting better but we are definitely not through it yet!
  • I am enjoying my Tuesdays and Thursdays. Going to the grocery store on my own is actually quite a treat and amazingly fast! Plus Josh and I get to have a lunch date on Thursdays. We go to restaurants that we don't want to take our kids to and don't even have to pay a babysitter or beg a grandma to come in town
  • Josh and I got to go a Titans preseason game and had a lot of fun. I have to admit that the most exciting part may have been when the guy in front of us was picked for the halftime game. This guy is part of the "football family" and Josh and his family have known him for years. It was fun watching him on the field and then he even won the game!!
  • We went to the zoo last week. Now that it isn't a million degrees outside it is actually nice to walk around for a few hours. Plus the flamingo exhibit was finally open and Isabel has waited all summer for it. She and Will both Loved it!
  • My mom spent Labor Day weekend with us and of course we all enjoyed having her here
  • Josh and I played in a wiffle ball tournament this past weekend too with some of the students at church. We actually did pretty well and had a good time. Grams, Isabel and Will did a lot of cheering and Will even got to play a little in one game. To say he loved it doesn't even begin to describe it. Josh tried to help him at first until he said, "I hold bat, daddy!" Fortunately the pitcher was good enough to hit the bat with the ball and Will took off running. So cute!! We are now back to playing tons of baseball at home with a empty paper towel roll
  • Isabel is still enjoying her dance/gymnastics class and actually has some performances coming up (I promise to actually take pictures and probably even video too!!) Will enjoys watching and often imitating everything the girls are saying and doing. He entertains all the parents watching.

I guess that is about it. I apologize for 2 posts in a row without pictures. I know the pictures are all that really matters. Tomorrow we are going for hair cuts so I'll try to take some then!!

No comments: