Thursday, September 23, 2010

girls weekend

This past weekend was 3 days of fun and relaxation for me. I got to go to the beach with my 3 best friends from college. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it was. We planned each day without any thought to feedings, nap times or bed times. We simply walked out to the beach each morning without spending forever spreading sunscreen on wiggling children or packing bags of sand toys and water floaties. We went to sleep late and slept late. We shopped the outlet malls and ate good food. Most importantly, we talked and talked and talked. After months of every conversation cut short due to children, husbands, work, errands that needed to be run, dinner that needed to be made or a million other things, we had 3 days to talk without interruption and it was wonderful! We talked about everything from human trafficking to breastfeeding to theology to mortgages and college savings. We also spent plenty of time reminiscing and laughing.
I'm so thankful that God has always blessed me with amazing friends throughout every stage of my life. I cannot imagine what college would have been like without these girls. In the 8 years since we graduated we have gotten married, started careers, had 7 (and one on the way) children between us, celebrated together, cried together and prayed for each other. I am so thankful for these girls in my life.
I am also so thankful for a husband/daddy who was not only willing but excited about taking care of the kids so I could enjoy this girls weekend. This was actually the longest I have ever been away from Isabel and Will but I wasn't worried. They had a great weekend with their daddy going out to eat, playing in the fountain, getting donuts, going garage sale shopping, playing at the park, playing outside and so much more. Plus Nana came on Saturday to spend some time with them and they could not have been more excited! I have to admit that I was so ready to get home to my babies though. There is nothing better than the excited squeals of "MOMMY!!!" when they saw me and the huge hugs and kisses!! I am so blessed!!
**I did not bring my camera so I don't have any pictures. I will try to get some from those who did take pictures and add them soon though (as if you care about seeing pictures other than those of Isabel and Will) :)

1 comment:

Sara said...

I had such a great time too. So, so thankful for you all. It has been a rough landing this past week here at home, but I will get pictures to you soon, I promise! Love you!