Wednesday, July 28, 2010

only child

This week Will has been an only child while Isabel enjoys "camp grandmas" in Birmingham. She spent a few days with Josh's mom and is now spending a few days with my mom. She is having a blast. I was worried she may get homesick. Nope! She doesn't even have time to talk to us on the phone more than about a minute a day. I'm so glad she is having fun but a little worried about next week when she will not be the center of attention, given anything her little heart desires or go from one fun activity to another all day every day. Pray for us! Josh and I have had a fun week with Will. I have to admit that I forgot how much easier it is to just have one child (even one that has decided to begin the terrible two's a few months early!). I think Will has enjoyed the attention as well although he has cried for Isabel twice. The boy loves his sister. He has actually played a lot better this week without Isabel. I realized that when she is here he sits to play but then decides that whatever she has is more exciting so he stops playing with his toys and goes to bother her. This week he just plays. However I have heard, "mommy play too" about a million times!!
taking full advantage of having the whole tub to himself
Since Will has been our "only child" this week I thought I would use this blog post for a little update about him:
*he still a mama's boy. He no longer cries when I drop him off at the nursery on Sunday mornings but still hates going on Wed nights. I have no idea what the difference is but it drives me crazy!
*He is starting mother's day out in a few weeks and I'm already having trouble with this. I worry about it way too often. Now I understand why moms cry when their children start kindergarten, especially their youngest. Isabel was only a few months older than he is now when she started but she seemed MUCH older!
*Will basically says anything he hears someone else say. His new favorite phrase is "not yike that" which I have to admit drives me crazy b/c it is usually said when he decides halfway through dinner that he no longer "yikes" what he is eating and refuses to eat any more
*He still loves all balls and any game related to a ball but his new obsession is fire trucks!
*He loves the guys in the youth group and can tell you all of their names. Luckily they love him too!
*He knows all of his colors
*When he finds something he was looking for he says, "tada Me!!"
*He is a funny kid and is constantly doing crazy things. He makes us laugh a lot!

No comments: