Wednesday, March 24, 2010

minivan momma

As many of you know, I have wanted a minivan for about a year now. It was not on the top of our list of financial needs at the time so I have been waiting patiently...ok, maybe not so patiently but I was waiting. Anyway, last week Josh found an amazing deal on a 2007 Honda Odyssey so of course we went to see it. It turns out that the van was even better than we thought and they offered us more for the Altima than we thought so we bought the van!!!
I know there are many of you reading this and shaking your head swearing that you will never drive a minivan (Dori) but let me tell you, I LOVE THIS VAN! Seriously, I had no idea how much easier it would make my life. I mainly wanted it for the extra seats and storage space. I didn't realize how much easier it would make getting the kids in and out. Plus there is a DVD player. Now, Josh and I have explained that this can only be used on long trips...... and have only given in once in a week. ha ha It was necessary though....way too close to nap time and two fussy children. It is amazing how thankful I was for Barney (wow, I never thought I would EVER say those words). Anyway, I am proud to be a minivan momma!!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I am also a proud mom of a Honda minivan. I love it!!! You will really enjoy long trips in the van.

Sara said...

I like it! So pretty and very practical, I'm sure. I don't know why Dori is such a hater :) I bet she'll be happy to ride in it to the beach! I'm sure I will join that club myself one day... we'll see.

By the way, your live traffic feed is sort of creepy. Now EVERYONE can see exactly how often I blog-stalk you :)

Jason and Laura Brantley said...

i always said i would never drive a minivan but i have found myself lately thinking about them all day and getting excited about the possibility of having one! Kids and practicality...it does something to you huh?

Natalie and Steven Seahorn said...

So funny! I mentioned getting a van to Steven last Fall when we thought we were going to have another little blessing and he about flipped! It is so practical though when you have more than 1 child! We have dvd players in both our SUV's and I don't know what I would do without them! Especially on the 7 hour drives we make a couple times of year to my grandmother's, 9 hour trips to St Augustine and the 10+ hour trip we made to Disney in January!

Beth Gregory said...

I am so glad you joined the mini van groupies!! I too love my van! Honda's are the BEST!!

The Fokens said...

Welcome to the Odyssey Club! We just love ours!!
I've had a post in the works titled the same thing:)
Don't you love the doors that open at the push of a button??
~Erica

litl'amy said...

We might not have a Honda, but we have a Mazda minivan and I LOVE IT!!!! So much more room and fun! CONGRATS from another proud minivan mom!